Steph White Photography is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should I ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Steph White Photography may change this policy from time to time by updating this document. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What I collect
When you fill in any contact form via my website or other third party, I collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address and telephone number
- Information relating to the event which you require my photography services for e.g. wedding venue and date
- What sevices you are interested in e.g wedding photography, photo books, photo booth hire etc
- Brief information about the big day you’re planning
Here is the information I request and hold if you go on to book me as your photographer:
- Email address
- Mobile number
- Your home address (for any potential meetings and where I will send your photographs and albums to after the event)
- The address where you will be for the event
- Names of key family and friends (for group photos)
- Emergency contact number of a third party for on the day (e.g. bridesmaid or usher)
What I do with the information I gather
I collect details such as name, email address and telephone number so I can respond to you and know what name to call you. I ask for a telephone number so I can send you a quick text to ensure you have received my email response. On occasion my email replies may end up in spam inboxes so I don’t want to think I’m ignoring you!
I do keep a running record of all enquiries on a password protected spreadsheet on my computer. Names and contact information from all enquiries are kept for 12 months, then going forward only customers who go on to book my photography services are kept.
If you make an enquiry but take no further action, aside from one follow up email/text from me, I do not contact you again. Your information is deleted from my systems after 12 months and I will not pass on your details to any third party.
If you book me as your photographer, I store your information in a couple of ways:
- On my password protected enquiries spreadsheet
- Contracts, invoices and your photographs are stored online via a system called Shootproof
- Your booking form is stored in paper format in my office as a back up
- I may contact you occasionally with an offer, such as print discount codes (no bombarding spam I promise!) and will do so either via Shootproof message, or via email notification via Mailchimp. You have the option to unsubscribe if you wish.
As a customer of Steph White Photography, I need to contact you a number of times before and after of your wedding or event for reasons such as:
- Sending you contracts, booking forms and invoices
- Arranging your pre-wedding consultation
- Requesting shoot lists (for group photos etc.)
- Sending you your online photo gallery, USB in the post and photo albums
I keep your information on file for 5 years after your event so if you need to contact me I know exactly who you are and can provide the best customer service.
Privacy and individuals rights
The GDPR includes the following rights for individuals:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- A right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- Right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- A right to object
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling
If you would like to access the data I have on you, you can request this in writing via email or post. I won’t charge you for this.
When you book me as your photographer, I give you the opportunity to choose how your photos may be used by me after your event. There is a section of the booking form that goes into this. I ask if you are happy for me to use your photos as part of my website, online/offline advertising, on social media, as part of sample albums and displays at fayres/shows.
I work on the assumption that your guests agree to have their photographs taken and used as part of my website and other channels mentioned above, as long as you give consent. However, if you or any of guests wish to have any photographs removed from my website/social media pages, I am happy to do so as soon as I am able to.
Controlling your personal information
I will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless I have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which I hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Steph White Photography, 7 Cragg Terrace, Horsforth, Leeds LS18 4NS or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any information I am holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email me as soon as possible at the above address. I will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.