Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding!
If you’re looking for a wedding photographer, then you’re in the right place. If you want a relaxed, natural wedding photographer York and the surrounding areas, then I can help you.
I’m a Yorkshire based wedding photographer, but I have been known to travel further afield too, and I offer full day coverage for £1,150.
Relaxed, natural wedding photographer York
On your wedding day, I work from the sidelines, busy snapping away to capture natural, happy moments. Aside from the group shots and portraits, I take on more of a ‘fly-on-the-wall’ approach to my photography. I start at bridal preparation and I leave around half an hour after your first dance. I don’t want to miss a thing so I stay all day to ensure all is captured on film.
As a natural wedding photographer, even your group and portrait shots aren’t too formal. I aim to put you at ease and I tend to have a laugh and joke with you and your guests as we do these shots. We work through a small list of group shots you would like in advance, so having these details before the day ensures that loads of time isn’t spent gathering people together, trying to work out who is and isn’t required for a particular shot.
If you have booked a band to play, or you have some other entertainment taking place in the evening, I am happy to stay a little longer to capture the fun. I love it when the party starts and everyone is up dancing. It’s becoming one of my favourite parts of the day!
My wedding package includes the following:
- Pre-wedding consultation
- Full-day wedding photography. Here’s a rough example of a wedding running order, and the coverage you can expect:
- Bride or groom preparation
- Groom and guests arriving at venue (time permitting)
- The ceremony
- Drinks reception
- A few group photos
- Natural/reportage photos of the bride and groom around your venue
- Detail shots of the venue, your theme and decorations
- Evening reception
- Cake chop
- First dance
- Wedding disco
- Your full set of high resolution images on USB memory stick (suitable for printing). You also gain a licence to enable you to arrange your own prints and share your photos with family and friends (for personal use).
- Password protected online gallery containing your photos to share with family and friends. (With the option of downloading and purchasing prints directly from here too)
- A4, 40 page (20 spreads) coffee table style photo book containing your favourite 65 photos from the day.
Other package options
- Deluxe package £1,500
Upgrade your coffee table style book to a deluxe, hand made 10″ x 10″, 60 page (30 spreads) fine art photo book.
- Digital only package £1,000
If you don’t want to include a photo book at all, you can select a digital only package. This includes everything but a book!
- Part day options – price on enquiry
I am happy to discuss a tailored quote for part day wedding coverage. Unfortunately I can only accept part day bookings during the quieter months of October and February and on Mondays to Thursdays between March and September.
Travel outside of Yorkshire will incur an extra cost to cover travel and, potentially, accommodation costs.
The following can be added to my packages:
- Pre-wedding/engagement shoots in a location of your choice (+ £150)
- Photobooth hire (From £150)
- A Second photographer – includes groom prep and a double perspective of your day (+ £200)
- Framed and unframed prints, fine art and coffee table style books
For a full breakdown of costs, please visit my prices page.
No obligation, informal meeting – prior to booking
I appreciate booking your photographer is not an easy decision. You will want to know about my style, how I work and what I’m like as a person. You want to make sure that I am the right fit for you. Therefore, before you decide to book I think it’s always nice to meet up. You are welcome to pop over to my home where I have plenty of prints, books and galleries that you can look through. We can have an informal chat over a cuppa and cake too of course! Or if you’d prefer, we can go to a local coffee shop or cafe, to chat about all things weddings!
How to book
I think it’s always nice to meet in person before booking, but I understand that you may prefer a chat over the phone or via email.
Whichever way you’d like to go, there is a booking form and contracts that need to be completed and I invoice you for 10% of your fee upon booking to secure your date. Once all the technical stuff is sorted, you are all set and booked in!
2018/19 bookings now being taken
I still have dates available for next year, but they are filling up. If you like what you see, drop me a message and I will check my availability for your date. Or fill in the contact form below and I will get back to you.